THE DEATH OF ABEL – Biblical Series – 2017 2 oz Silver Coin – Scottsdale Mint – Niue
5th coin for 2017!
This coin is the fifth 2017 release, and 18th overall release, in the Scottsdale Mint’s Biblical Series featuring iconic biblical scenes. Each of these 2 oz Silver coins has a mintage of 1,499 pieces and features a high-relief, rimless design.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a gift box reminiscent of the Bible.
- Included certificate of authenticity lists Genesis 4:4-11 (NLT) which states: The Lord accepted Abel and his gift, but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry. “Why are you so angry”, the Lord asked Cain. “You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master”. One day Cain suggested to his brother, “Let’s go out into the fields.” And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother, Abel, and killed him.
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of the illustration by Gustave Doré of Cain after he slew his brother, Abel.
- Edge: Laser-etched serial number, from 1 to 1499, which matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
The certificate of authenticity has an antique feel that coincides nicely with both the finish of the 2 oz coin and the design subject. Included on the certificate is an image of Gustave Doré’s “The Death of Abel”, showing how accurately Scottsdale Mint’s creative team recreated the original artwork for this coin series.
SPECIFICATIONS OF COIN
Metal:999 Fine Silver
Diameter: 39 mm (6mm thickness)
Denomination: $2.00 NZD
Year of Issue: 2017
Weight: 2 Troy oz