*** NO BOX AND NO COA *** A MARI USQUE AD MARE: THE DIAMOND JUBILEE OF THE CONFEDERATION OF CANADA MEDAL – 2017 $100 10 oz Pure Silver Coin – Royal Canadian Mint
A MARI USQUE AD MARE: THE DIAMOND JUBILEE OF THE CONFEDERATION OF CANADA MEDAL – 2017 $100 10 oz Pure Silver Coin – Royal Canadian Mint
“Let us strive to build wisely in the present; to make the present, if we can, even more wonderful than the past, knowing that other generations will follow our own and that our day, too, will be weighed in the balances of time…”
Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, in the first national broadcast to Canadians, July 1, 1927
On July 1, 1927, the Dominion of Canada marked 60 years of progress beneath the banner of Confederation. In communities across the country, Canada’s Diamond Jubilee was great cause for celebration, with elaborate parades, competitions, services and concerts providing further proof of a strengthening sense of national pride and identity.
Issued in commemoration of this occasion, the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada Medal is a unique table medal that expresses a nation’s sense of self and the celebratory spirit that reigned in 1927. Its design is a proud part of our medallic history, and represents an enduring connection to a notable milestone—one of the earliest, but certainly not the last—in our nation’s journey.
On the 150th anniversary of Confederation, the Royal Canadian Mint proudly continues its tradition of honouring Canada’s past with this reproduction of a great Canadian artefact that forever marks a historic year of celebration—the year of our Diamond Jubilee!
A gorgeous addition to your Canadian history coin display! Order today!
- SECOND COIN IN SERIES! Your 10 oz. pure silver coin is the second in a series of three important historical pieces commemorating Canadian Confederation.
- A SCARCELY SEEN PIECE OF CANADIAN HISTORY! This is the first tribute of the Diamond Jubilee of the Confederation of Canada Medal, which was issued nearly 90 years ago for another jubilant milestone for Canada!
- PRACTICALLY THE SAME SIZE AS THE ORIGINAL MEDAL! With its 76.25 mm diameter, this 10 oz. pure silver coin is practically the same size as the original medal—it’s a fitting canvas for such a grand design that is rich in detail and symbolism!
- A MAGNIFICENT TRIBUTE TO THE SPIRIT OF THE DIAMOND JUBILEE! Every nuance of the original design was carefully studied to produce this exquisitely engraved reproduction. And by combining frosted and brilliant finishes, there’s an added sense of depth and dimension to the original design, which invites a renewed appreciation for the artistry and craftsmanship behind it all!
- OUTSTANDING HISTORICAL ACCURACY, BUT WITH A MODERN UPDATE! The double-effigy obverse bridges Canada’s past (1867) and present (2017) by commemorating Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, our current sovereign, and Her Majesty Queen Victoria, the sovereign at the time of Confederation. It also features their royal cyphers, each ensigned with a crown depicted in a distinctive style!
- PAST MEETS PRESENT! While the coin design offers a collectible journey into our nation’s past, the packaging includes official CANADA 150 branding to mark this year’s history-making celebrations—Happy 150th, Canada!
- INCLUDES CANADA 150 BRANDING! The official CANADA 150 branding on your packaging is a reminder of Canada’s special year!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- OWN A RARE PIECE OF CANADIAN HISTORY! Only 1,000 coins will be made available worldwide. Hurry and order yours today before they are all gone!
- 10-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
Inspired by a general design by Canadian illustrator Charles William Jefferys, your coin’s design is an updated reproduction of the original (1927) design by Raymond Delamarre.
With arms spread wide to embody Canada’s motto, A Mari Usque Ad Mare (“From sea to sea”), a robed female allegory is engraved in high relief as a symbol of a young nation’s strength. She stands among sheaves of wheat that signify growth and prosperity across Canada, which is also represented by the clusters of maple leaves at her feet. Rising up behind her, a map of the Dominion of Canada is marked by transcontinental railroad links and the shield from Royal Arms of Canada (as it appeared in 1927). The combination of different finishes adds a subtle modern flair to the design, while a circular frame bears the engraved words “CANADA” and “A MARI VSQVE AD MARE”, the face value “100 DOLLARS” and the commemorative dates “1867” and “2017”.
The obverse features the effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and Her Majesty Queen Victoria by Leonard Charles Wyon. The obverse also includes the royal cypher used by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, and a cypher used by Queen Victoria. Each royal cypher is ensigned with a crown depicted in a style specifically used by each monarch.
Material: 99.99% pure silver