2023 Oglala Lakota Sioux Oncpapa Ultra High Relief 5 oz Silver Antiqued $5 Coin (PRE-ORDER)
2023 Oglala Lakota Sioux Oncpapa Ultra High Relief 5 oz Silver Antiqued $5 Coin
The inaugural release of a bullion series celebrating iconic designs of U.S. currency derives its imagery from the Sioux Chief Oncpapa portrait on the 1899 $5 Silver Certificate and the American Bison rendition which was first minted on the 1901-series $10 Legal Tender Note. The identical Bison graphic later appeared on a 1923 postage stamp and a $1 Military Payment Certificate issued to troops during the Vietnam War.
- This 2023 Oncpapa and Bison coin contains 5 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The obverse and reverse of the coin are struck with fantastic ultra high relief designs.
- The coin measures 65 mm in diameter.
- The coin’s historic imagery is gorgeously highlighted by a satin-like antique wash finish.
- The coin is issued as legal tender of the Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation, with a face value of two dollars.
- A Certificate of Authenticity is included with the silver bullion coin.
- The coin is part of a 999 piece limited mintage.
- Obverse: The forward facing image of Running Antelope wearing a magnificent full feathered headdress is centered on the obverse. The portrait is encircled by fourteen stars, the inscription “ONCPAPA” and the date of issue “2023.”
- Reverse: On the reverse, an American Bison is illustrated standing upon a mound of packed earth. The majestic creature is encircled by the inscriptions “OGLALA LAKOTA SIOUX NATION,” “INDIAN SOVEREIGN NATION,” “FIVE DOLLARS,” “5 TROY OZ.” and “.999 FINE SILVER.”
This 2023 Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation Oncpapa and Bison 5 oz. antiqued silver coin is presented in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The coin is ungraded, featuring a superior quality ultra high relief strike, superbly finished surfaces and magnificent eye appeal. The silver bullion coin will arrive with an informative Oncpapa story card and an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, in a red drawstring pouch which is designed to replicate the distinctive flag of the Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation.
Material: 99.9% fine silver
Weight: 5 oz
Diameter: 65 mm
Obverse Relief: 6 mm
Reverse Relief: 2.2 mm