Special Edition Specimen Set – Black Bear Cubs – Mintage: 17500 (2013)
Out of stock
Notify me when item is back in stock.
Fourth set in the Young Wildlife series!
Black bears are the smallest and most common bear species found in North America. Despite their name, black bears can range in colour from cinnamon to chocolate, to jet black and—in some rare cases—even white. Capable of great bursts of speed, some have been clocked at more than 50 km per hour! Canadian folklore is rich with stories about the black bear—in fact, the popular children’s book character Winnie the Pooh was named after a Canadian black bear named Winnipeg; and black bears also feature prominently in the stories and traditions of Canada’s Aboriginal Peoples.
This coin set makes a wonderful gift or collectible for Canadiana or nature enthusiasts. Order yours today!
• Fourth set in our unique baby animal series.
• Your special edition specimen set includes superb coins that combine brilliant and frosted relief over a lined background.
• Limited mintage of 17,500.
Your $2 coin was designed by Canadian artist Glen Loates, and features an image of two young black bear cubs, smiling and playing on a fallen tree in the forest.
• CD lens concept with Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon outer cover and black set-up box.
• Elegant book-style packaging with removable lens is designed to further enhance your enjoyment of these fine coins.
If you have the other special edition sets in this series, then don’t miss out on this beautiful black bear cubs set.
Order yours today!