PANDA PRIVY II – 2017 1 oz Pure Silver Maple Leaf Reverse Proof Coin
Second coin in a series of Silver Maple Leaf- Panda Privy by Royal Canadian Mint!
With its distinctive two-tone colouring and a gentle spirit, the giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is arguably one of the most universally beloved animals! This revered native of China spends much of its day quietly munching on bamboo—an endearing sight that continues to draw Canadians to this symbol of animal conservation.
In 2013, the Toronto Zoo welcomed two giant pandas, Er Shun and Da Mao. The 10-year loan is part of a long-term conservation agreement between Canada and China, which provides a valuable opportunity for collaborative research on this endangered species. The breeding pair will remain in their temporary home in Toronto until at least 2018, when they’ll make their way to the Calgary Zoo for the last half of their Canadian stay.
The reverse design features the bullion coin’s Silver Maple Leaf. Beneath it, the privy mark celebrates the much-loved giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca), which depicts a panda walking on bamboo. Round face, big black eyes, chubby body, and pigeon-toed walk are the symbols of panda. Having lived on Earth for 8 million years, panda is honored as “Living fossil” and “China’s national treasure”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Features a beautiful reverse proof finish on brilliant relief against a frosted background.
- An outstanding amount of detail captures the bear’s likeness on a small scale.
- A must-have for nature and animal lovers! This unique keepsake is a celebration of conservation efforts, so that Canadians of all ages love panda more.
- A striking acquisition for first-time precious metal buyers and long-term investors alike.
- Limited mintage of only 50,000 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure silver, and features a unique Panda privy mark.
- Crafted in the RCM’s exceptional 99.99% pure silver with a unique reverse proof finish.
- Singles can come in a flip or capsule, and orders of 25 in tubes, and orders of 500 in a sealed box.
- Face value of $5.00(CAD) is fully backed by the government of Canada.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)
Finish: Reverse Proof
Weight: 1 oz
Face Value: $5.00