*OUTER SLEEVE DAMAGED* SNOW GOOSE – 2017 6-Coin Specimen Set – Royal Canadian Mint
Manufacturer: Royal Canadian Mint
SNOW GOOSE – 2017 6-Coin Specimen Set – Royal Canadian Mint
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OUTER SLEEVE IS DAMAGED*
The year 2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Confederation. To honour this historic occasion, the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2017 specimen set pays tribute to a Canadian icon with a one-dollar coin featuring the beloved snow goose in a dramatic pose, preparing to land on a quiet northern lake. And it’s only available with this special set!
- Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks designed the special one-of-a-kind dollar in this set for maximum drama. The snow goose is pictured from above—a rare view, indeed—as it flaps its wings forward before landing on a lake below. The design showcases the goose’s intricate feather patterns as the beautiful bird seems ready to burst from the coin’s surface.
- The Royal Canadian Mint is the only mint in the world to offer the set’s unique combination of brilliant and frosted elements in addition to exceptionally detailed engraving.
- Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Confederation with a Canadian classic!
- The set’s book-style packaging includes a serialized certificate and a removable lens so that you can enjoy and showcase every detail of each coin.
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 sets worldwide.
- A thoughtful gift for the birdwatchers in your life and a wonderful addition to any collection featuring Canadian or nature-inspired themes or specimen sets.
- An inspiring way to encourage a new collector!
The one-dollar coin in this 2017 specimen set features a snow goose in flight. The dramatic image, designed by Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks, presents the goose from above with its wings flapped forward as it prepares to land on a lake below. The engravers’ expert technique brings to life every detail of the stunning outspread wings, large-billed face, and strong body. The wings seem to encircle an outcropping of snow-capped evergreens on the shore below. As with all Canadian “loonies,” this exceptionally well-designed image is framed by the loonie’s characteristic 11-sided circumference. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Material: See Image
Finish: See Image
Weight: See Image
Diameter: See Image
Edge: See Image