*** NO BOX AND NO COA *** ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS – MACKERAL FISH – 1967 CENTENNIAL BIG COIN SERIES – 2017 10 Cents 5 oz Pure Silver – RCM
2017 5-OUNCE FINE SILVER COIN – BIG COIN SERIES ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS: 10 CENT
Fifty years ago, as a young nation celebrated its centennial anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint issued a special series of circulation coins that are now regarded as some of the most iconic Canadian coins of all time. The third coin in this continuing Big Coin series faithfully re-creates Alex Colville’s concept for the ten- cent coin from the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins—albeit on a much larger scale.
- THIRD coin in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
- Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver—and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter)— uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
- The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
- For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- Purchase individually or subscribe today to guarantee all six coins: each subscription comes with an elegant wooden collector case that will beautifully showcase the coins together as one complete set.
- Third Big Coin series to feature iconic Canadian circulation coins: Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage of just 2,150 coins per denomination, this series will be highly sought after.
- An eye-catching addition to any Canadiana-, history-themed or circulation coin collections.
- A great opportunity to revisit a proud moment in our history while celebrating another key milestone!
The reverse re-creates the unforgettable 1967 10-cent circulation coin design by Canadian artist Alex Colville, and features the side profile of a mackerel. Detailed engraving captures its likeness, including its large eye and fins. The image is enhanced by the application of selective gold plating over the mackerel and all along the coin’s rim. The reverse also features the engraved face value “10 CENTS”, the word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1967-2017”.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)