*** NO BOX AND NO COA *** ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS – GOOSE – 1967 CENTENNIAL BIG COIN SERIES – 2017 1 Dollar 5 oz Pure Silver – RCM
ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS – GOOSE – 1967 CENTENNIAL BIG COIN SERIES – 2017 1 Dollar 5 oz Pure Silver – RCM
“The Canada goose seems appropriate for the dollar since it is one of our most majestic creatures and is particularly Canadian. There are other associations with traveling over great spaces, and a kind of serene dynamic quality in this bird.” Alex Colville
- FIRST COIN IN NEW SERIES! Your coin is the first in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
- BOTH SIDES OF YOUR COIN FEATURE SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver—and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter)—uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
- GORGEOUS PROOF FINISH! The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
- INCLUDES SECOND EFFIGY OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II. For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- THIRD BIG COIN SERIES TO FEATURE ICONIC CANADIAN CIRCULATION COINS! Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage, this series will be highly sought after.
- LARGE SIZE COIN! Your coin is 65.25-mm in diameter, an impressive size that highlights the beautiful design.
- 5-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 2,150 coins will be made available worldwide.
One Dollar: The first coin in your subscription re-creates the unforgettable 1967 one-dollar circulation coin design by Canadian artist Alex Colville, and features the side profile of a Canada goose in flight. Detailed engraving re-creates the goose’s features and the texture of its flight feathers, as it flaps its wings downwards while soaring over this land. The image is enhanced by the application of selective gold plating over the goose and along the rim. The reverse also features the engraved face value “1 DOLLAR”, the word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1867-2017”. The obverse features selective gold plating on the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)