*** NO BOX AND NO COA *** ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS – BOBCAT – 1967 CENTENNIAL BIG COIN SERIES – 2017 25 Cents 5 oz Pure Silver – RCM
ALEX COLVILLE DESIGNS – BOBCAT – 1967 CENTENNIAL BIG COIN SERIES – 2017 25 Cents 5 oz Pure Silver – RCM
Designed by acclaimed Canadian artist Alex Colville, the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins remain a powerfully symbolic representation of the Canadian spirit, even as the nation celebrates its 150th anniversary. This elegant commemorative series of 5 oz. fine silver coins concludes with a re-creation of the 1967 25-cent coin, which has been beautifully enhanced with selective gold plating.
- SECOND COIN IN NEW SERIES! Your coin is the second in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
- BOTH SIDES OF YOUR COIN FEATURE SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver—and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter)—uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
- GORGEOUS PROOF FINISH! The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
- INCLUDES EFFIGY OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II. For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- THIRD BIG COIN SERIES TO FEATURE ICONIC CANADIAN CIRCULATION COINS! Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage, this series will be highly sought after.
- LARGE-SIZE COIN! Your coin is 65.25 mm in diameter, an impressive size that highlights the beautiful design.
- 5-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 2,150 coins will be made worldwide.
Your coin re-creates the iconic 1967 25-cent circulation coin design by Canadian artist Alex Colville, and features the side profile of a bobcat in motion. The wild feline’s outline is beautifully rendered thanks to finely detailed engraving that conveys the texture of its fur—particularly the longer hairs of its ruff. The image is enhanced by the application of selective gold plating over the bobcat and all along the coin’s rim. The reverse also features the engraved face value “25 CENTS”, the word “CANADA” and the commemorative dates “1967-2017”.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)