LIBERTAD MEXICO 2023 1/2 oz Proof Gold Coin in Capsule – Casa de Moneda de México
As low as USD 1,230.33
LIBERTAD MEXICO 2023 1/2 oz Proof Gold Coin – Casa de Moneda de México- Mexico
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Coins come in original mint capsule.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the national shield encompassed by the legend “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” (United Mexican States).
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Proof Gold Libertads
The Proof Gold Libertad was first produced in 1989 in a 1/2 oz size, but was not produced again until 2005. While Gold Libertads in Brilliant Uncirculated finishes already have quite low mintages, the Proof variants tend to have even lower mintages. The limited mintages, which vary annually, add to the collectibility of the coins. Finding them in the market can also be difficult due to their scarcity.
Bank of Mexico
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535. The Bank of Mexico is Mexico’s central bank and is the Mexican Mint’s largest client, producing circulating coinage and currency for the country as well as Precious Metal coins. The mint is located in Mexico City.