DUTCH LION DOLLAR – 2019 1 oz Fine Silver Proof Coin – Box & Coa – Netherlands
With a history of more than 400 years, the Royal Dutch Mint presents a 1 oz Proof Lion Dollar restrike with a mintage of 5,000 coins similar to the coins traded in the 17th century. These are ideal for collectors of both ancient and modern coins.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Sold out at the mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes housed in a capsule with a box and certificate of authenticity from the Royal Dutch Mint.
- Obverse: Displays a large heraldic lion in a larger size, and the design has two circles of beadwork around the rim enclosing a legend, the date of issue, 2019, and the motto of the United Provinces, CONFIDENS. DNO. NON. MOVETVR, or “Who trusts in the Lord is not moved” (“DNO” is an abbreviation of “Domino,” or “Lord”).
- Reverse: Features standing knight. In front of his legs rests a shield bearing a lion in what is known as the rampant position (this lion is found on both the Dutch and Belgian coats of arms).
- Guaranteed by the Royal Dutch Mint.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)
Weight: 1 oz
Dimensions: 37 mm