ATHENA GODS OF OLYMPUS 2022 5 oz SILVER BU COIN IN CAPSULE TUVALU PERTH MINT
THE RETURN OF A CLASSIC
In 2014, The Perth Mint released its first ever antiqued coins in the Gods of Olympus series. The coins were incredibly popular and immediate sell-outs. To pay homage to a product that popularised the antiqued finish, the iconic Gods of Olympus returned in 2020 in an all-new bullion series. In 2022, the legacy continues with the fifth release of the series featuring Athena.
In ancient Greek mythology, Athena was the Goddess of Wisdom and the patron of the city of Athens.
Athena represented courage, inspiration, law and justice, mathematics, strength, strategy, arts, and crafts. She was also considered the Goddess of War and a companion of many heroes including Odysseus, Jason, and Heracles. his infidelities, Hera remained loyal and faithful to her husband, bearing three of his children, Hebe, Ares, and Hephaestos.
- Fifth release in the series
- Dual release from The Perth Mint (available in BU and Antiqued finish)
- In Brilliant Uncirculated Finish
- Limited mintage of just 450!
- Contains 5 ozs of 99.99% pure silver
- Tuvalu Legal Tender
- Reverse: depicts Athena next to an olive tree, wearing an aegis and holding a large spear in her left hand, and her shield in her right hand. She is accompanied by a serpent and an owl, with the Parthenon and ancient Athens in the background. The design includes the inscription ATHENA, and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- Obverse: portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2022 year-date.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)
Weight: 5 oz
Dimensions: 55.9 mm
Thickness: 7.5 mm