ALIEN – 2021 1 oz Pure Silver Glow in the Dark Gem Proof Coin – Republic of Ghana
Collectors who are interested in the subject of aliens are sure to love this glow in the dark piece from the Scottsdale Mint. Aliens have been the subject of speculation and wonder for thousands of years, but interest in them accelerated following a 1947 incident near Roswell, New Mexico. The U.S. government claims that a military balloon crash, but many saw that it was an alien craft. Since then, there have been unexplained sightings of unidentified flying objects all over the world. This coin features an image of an alien as the figures are often described by those who claim to have seen them. This piece includes glow in the dark elements that offer added appeal to collectors who like coins with unique design features.
- This coin is $5 legal tender in Ghana.
- This coin was struck on a 1 oz planchet of .999 fine silver.
- This piece is a product of the Scottsdale Mint.
- This piece comes from a mintage of just 1,000 pieces.
- The coin features a subject that has intrigued humans for thousands of years, aliens.
- This piece has design elements that glow in the dark.
- This coin will arrive in GEM Proof condition.
- This coin comes in a themed shipper along with a certificate of authenticity.
Engaging Alien Design
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II dons a tiara at the center of the obverse in a portrait that was designed by Ian Rank-Broadley. Just below the portrait is an inscription of the coin’s face value, “5 DOLLARS.” a series of galactic-inspired spheres radiate from the center of this face. Additional inscriptions on the obverse note the name of the country that issued the coin, “REPUBLIC OF GHANA,” the date, “2021,” the coin’s weight, “1 TROY OUNCE,” and its purity, “999 FINE SILVER.”
Reverse: An alien appears annoyed as he turns to face the holder on the reverse. His colorized eyes glow in the dark, as does a secret message in the background that says, “WE ARE HERE.” Background elements include navigation instruments and several galactic field patterning symbols.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)
Finish: Gem Proof
Weight: 1 oz