ALIEN – 2021 1 oz Pure Silver Antiqued Coin – Republic of Ghana
Aliens have long been a subject of human intrigue, but in 1947, interest in the subject grew. There was a crash near Roswell, New Mexico, and some say that the craft that crashed as not of this earth. Since then, there have been numerous sightings of unidentified flying objects that have never been explained. This coin from the Scottsdale Mint is sure to appeal to collectors who have an interest in the subject.
- This coin is $5 legal tender in the Republic of Ghana.
- This coin was struck on a 1 oz planchet of .999 fine silver.
- This piece is a product of the Scottsdale Mint.
- This coin is part of a mintage of 3,000 pieces.
- This coin has an antiqued finish.
- This coin features an alien, a subject of mystery and intrigue.
- This coin will arrive in GEM Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Eerie Alien Design
Obverse: Galactic-inspired spheres spread out from the center of the obverse, at the center of which is Ian Rank-Broadley’s famous right-side portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Under the monarch’s effigy is an inscription of the coin’s face value, “5 DOLLARS.” Additional obverse inscriptions note the name of the issuing country, “REPUBLIC OF GHANA,” the coin’s date, “2021,” its weight, “1 TROY OUNCE,” and its purity, “999 FINE SILVER.”
Reverse: An alien turns to look at the holder on the reverse. He appears annoyed, as his large eyes inspire fear. A silo and dense forest in the background indicate that he is here on earth. Galactic field patterning symbols and navigation instruments are also included in the backdrop.
Material: Pure Silver (99.99%)
Weight: 1 oz